Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Entire Day After

6/10

Hangover day.  I could've done more than I did since it wasn't that bad, but I chose not to.  I did have some awesome dumplings, the first really good food I've had since I've been in China proper.  They were the xiao long bao variety (a Shanghai specialty which basically just means they have broth inside) and contained what I believe was a pork blend.  The dumplings were made in a glass production area inside the seating area by spreading the meat mixture on the dumpling dough, tying them up, boiling them, then essentially grilling them which causes the meat mixture to release oils and broth inside the dumpling, then sprinkling them with sesame seeds and spring onions.  Delicious, though so hot I always had to let them cool for an irritatingly long time- irritating because I wanted to eat them right away.  5 yuan (under $1) for four.

No comments:

Post a Comment