Monday, May 10, 2010

An Extra Hour in the Day, Available in Kyoto

4/21

Finally made it to Kyoto after sleeping for thirteen hours.  First hostel I went to, the one I wanted, was fully booked so they told me about a place across the street; Sparkling Dolphins Ryokan.  It was basic, but clean and the down comforter was surprisingly comfortable.  I walked around a little bit near the station, passing this extraordinary sign on the way.  Of course, it would be the Japanese who finally figured out how to squeeze another hour into the day.


I got some forgettable food for dinner, bought a few of my favorite drinks here; a seasonal or at least somewhat hard to find "World Quality" Kirin beer or spirit mix in a dark pink can, and screwed around online and worked on my blog for a while before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment